Monday, September 13, 2010

Wanderings...

I have gypsy blood...not really.  That's what my father says to explain why I feel the need to move, change, reinvent my life, and the such.  When I had more time and less responsibilities in my youth, I would change my hair color from black to brown to red to blond to platinum in a two to three month cycle.  Now I settle for changing it up to a ponytail rather than wearing it down.  My hair is my natural color and, surprise! I don't miss weekly dye jobs.

But I still have the urge to move.  To venture to another state, hell, even another country (Britain). This urge that has gripped me since my youth doesn't seem to dissipate even in my 38th year.  Sometimes, it is easy to ignore that desire propelling me on some new adventure.  Recently, it's not so easy.  The urge is at at an all time high.  Now what?  We've just moved to another state two years ago and I really need to give it a chance.  I just miss the water. We used to live near the ocean, literally five minutes, but now it takes us two hours to reach the shore.

Maybe we'll be near the water again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment