It’s an upscale mall in the 'burbs.  It’s the kind of place where the bathrooms are marble and granite.  Where even the most serious sufferers of germaphobia could actually relax…at least for a while.  I fall into that group of germaphobics.

After I take a pee, I diligently wash my hands in the nice large, marble sink with lots of divinely smelling soap.  The paper towels are folded and stored near the sink for easy reach--placed in a cut-out niche in the marble.

A woman with long, blond hair washes her hands at the same time. We read over for a paper towel at the same time.

“Oh, go ahead,” I say, smiling.

“No, you go.”  She looks at me oddly as if I’m strange for being polite.

“Uh, okay…” I grab the paper towel and wipe my hands.

She is looking around like she’s pondering how she got there.
“Is this our only option?” she queries, waving her hands towards the paper towels as they’ve offended her somehow.

“Pretty much.”

Sigh….”Fine!” She storms out.