Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scenes from Wednesday

My husband is off this week; it's so much fun to have him at home.   We woke up early and by mid-morning, I had the incredible urge for breakfast from McDonalds (those damn Egg McMuffins!)

The time:  10:30am.  Thirty minutes to scoot in the car and zoom two exits down to the nearest location.  My poor husband, relaxing in his cute PJ's with his laptop in his lap, jumped when suddenly I booked it down the stairs.

"I need a Egg McMuffin and I have 30 minutes to get there!"

"Uh..okay." he says, confused.  Usually I'm not up until noon.  Hey, I like sleeping late.  I throw at him a t-shirt and some shorts and head out the door (poor dear) as he trudges out behind me and we make record time to MickeyD's, thankfully just in time before breakfast ends.

Wal-mart is located in the same shopping center.  Why not be productive and get a few things for the house we need?  As we're munching on our yummy hash browns (the best part of the meal) we see a girl pushing her cart out to her car, bags fill to the brim, she did A LOT of shopping...damn girl...you go!

She puts everything in her new, black BMW, how nice, she looks 16.  (No, jealousy here, really, I love my 10 year old Volvo.)

Then she drives away.  The cart?  She leaves it directly BEHIND the truck parked next to her.  Not the at the side, the front, etc.  Who cares that the cart corral is two feet away?  I mean it's so far!!!

The large woman gets out of her car as we are walking past.  She pulls down her stretch pants to adjust her stockings in the middle of the open parking lot.

One: do I really need to see your butt crack at 11am?  And two: why are you wearing stockings when its 80 degrees out?

Wow. People amaze me; the things you miss when you sleep late.

No comments:

Post a Comment