Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Lights and Hot Coco

(Photo Source:  souvlakiforthesoul)


It’s cold outside.  I not a winter person and constantly miss the 75 degree weather of Hawaii when I lived there.  But, I admit sometimes it is nice to slip into a thick, fleece jacket, brave the brisk wind, and venture outside, where my cheeks turn pink in seconds.

Tonight, I strolled up the sidewalk and looked at the Christmas lights that all of my neighbors put up, so diligently, this past weekend.   It reminded me of when I was little, walking with my grandmother, marveling at the beautiful colors of red, green, blue, and white. Then, when we were almost frozen to death, we’d go inside and warm up next to a warm fire, and enjoy that special hot chocolate she’d whip up like magic.  She’d always put in extra marshmallows for me.

Now, as I sit with my hot chocolate in hand, I’ll add some extra marshmallows, for grandma.  I wish you were here sitting next to me, instead of two states away. The lights were beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment