Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I miss you...



I took this picture a week after I moved to Hawaii, when I was exploring the island by myself. The sun was setting with breathtaking hues of purple, pink, and bright orange. I immediately pulled over to Ala Moana Beach Park. The last surfers were reluctantly dragging themselves out the the deep blue water. I didn’t blame them, I wouldn’t want to leave either.

I sat, marveling at this glorious scene, so grateful that I actually lived in a place like this. This was the view that greeted me for 365 days a year for 5 years. They don’t call it “paradise” for nothing. Now that I’ve been away for 5 years, all I can think about is finding my way back to Hawaii’s shores. It was the only place I was truly happy. It was the place where I found the peace that I’ve been searching for all my life.

One day, I will return. I will sit on that beach again, I will breathe in the salty air of the Pacific, I will gaze at the sky with colors that could only have been painted by God, and I will smile because I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment