Saturday, August 28, 2010

Screenwriting 101--YIKES

Just started my screenwriting class at Gotham Writer's Workshop.  So far, I don't know which genre to lean towards.  It is certainly challenging to try to look at writing from a whole new perspective.  I look at my writing from the "inside out,", now I have to approach it from the "outside in."  Visual, visual, visual...is what it is all about. 

The great thing is now I have an excuse to watch MANY movies and not feel guilty that I should be writing instead of wasting time on watching mindless television or going to the cinema.

I initially picked the genre of comedy for my script.  What the hell was I thinking?  When I can watch anything, I usually grab a cup tea and biscuits, plop myself down in my comfy recliner, and engage in some delightful English murder mystery--Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot, Midsummer Murders, and my personal favorite, Inspector Lynley.  Well, either that or Hitchcock.

So again...comedy?  We'll see.  I might have to rethink and come up with some great mystery/suspense.  We'll see, I guess.  This should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment