Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn Blooms

It's here again--the vibrant reds, golds, and oranges.  How I love this time of year.  I find as I get older that time passes much too quickly.  I really need to stop and cherish these moments: the vibrant yellow sunrise caressing my skin with its warmth for a brief moment, while the soft, gentle breeze greets me as I retrieve my print copy of The New York Times.  There is nothing like doing the crossword puzzle, with a red pen, by the enormous picture window in the kitchen.

The flowers are still blooming despite the falling temperatures each night.  Nothing can be better than seeing trees turning into such rich colors and flowers determined to grace the world with their delicate beauty, all the while enjoying down-comforter-cold-nights.

One of the many NJ fields still in bloom in October


These small moments, can be so profound on the soul.  It is easy to overlook the small miracles that still exists in this crazy world.  I am glad I'm guilty of that more than I would like to admit. 



It's nice to know that I can still be surprised.  Thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment